Distinguished Hall of Fame
The Highland Alumni Hall of Fame was created to honor Highland graduates who have distinguished themselves. Nominations are submitted through the Highland Alumni Committee for consideration by the Highland Alumni Hall of Fame Selection Committee for induction.
Selection is completed by a majority vote of the Highland Alumni Hall of Fame Selection Committee, comprised of the current executive committee of The Highland Foundation.
The Highland Alumni Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall consider various criteria including:
- The nominee as a role model for current Highland students;
- The nominee must have graduated from Highland at least 10 years ago;
- Accomplishments that set the nominee apart and/or nominee has proven great leadership at the local, state, national, and or international level through nominee’s chosen careers or vocations, or;
- Nominee’s notable contributions to the Highland Schools and/or society through nominee’s work or donation of time.
Nominees should represent excellence in many areas of endeavor. The following is not an all inclusive list, but hopefully demonstrates the many areas of accomplishment for which an alumnus could be considered for induction into the Highland Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Health Care
- Distinguished Military Service Career
- Community Service
- Cultural/Performing Arts
- Scientific Accomplishment/Discovery
- Social Sciences
Special Honorary Category
A candidate or group of candidates (such as a Debate Team, Academic Challenge Team, Basketball Conference Champs, etc.) may be nominated to be recognized as Honorary Inductee(s). Maximum number of one person or one group of inductees per every two academic years.
The Highland Alumni Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall carefully consider all nominations. Supporting information and documentation are important. If you have any questions regarding the Highland Alumni Hall of Fame, please contact Terri Pfister at email@example.com.
Nomination form available: CLICK HERE