Volunteers Make It All Possible
Help enrich academic excellence and enhance academic innovation at our Highland Schools. The Highland Foundation is always looking for volunteers from the community to further advance the mission of our organization. The Foundation is organized into the nine committees listed below. Each committee is chaired by a Trustee and meetings typically occur on a monthly basis
- Finance Committee – Responsible for monthly financial statements , annual audits, investment strategy and long range planning.
- Fundraising Committee – Responsible for developing and servicing all relationships with the donor community, including corporations, estates, sponsors, individual contributors and teachers and staff members.
- Nominating Committee – Responsible for presenting a slate of officers to the Board. This committee is comprised of Trustees only.
- Projects Committee – Oversees the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all Foundation projects.
- Grants Committee – Responsible for coordinating the grant application process as well as coordinating projects. Ensures that awards remain within budget parameters.
- Scholarships Committee – Responsible for coordinating scholarships. Ensures that awards remain within budget parameters.
- Public Relations Committee – Responsible for all communications, publicity and marketing for the Foundation.
- Special Events Committee – Responsible for planning and implementing all events of the Foundation, including the annual Great Gifts Dinner and Auction.
- Alumni Committee – The purpose of the Highland Alumni Committee, in partnership with The Highland Foundation, is to engage, solicit and establish a Highland alumni donor base, as well as to enhance the presence of this group in the Highland community. The goal is to resonate the importance of Highland community pride and perpetual support from its members – past, present and future. The committee works to increase alumni participation in The Highland Foundation events and charitable giving and maintain and foster collaborative relationships for future initiatives.